[aur-general] xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin unused shared libraries

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:50:45 UTC 2016

On 04/12/16 08:03 AM, NicoHood wrote:
> I am currently updating the xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin and have a few
> namcap warnings to resolve. Mainly I am focusing this kind of warnings:
>
> xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin W: Unused shared library
> '/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2' by file
> ('usr/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libpulseaudio-plugin.so')
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin/
>
> However configure does use shared libraries as you can see from the log:
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... no
>
> Does this require upstream fixes? And if so, what should be changed? I
> want to move the package to [community] once gpg signatures and https
> are provided, but that also should get fixed first.
>
> Cheers,
> Nico

It might be possible to get rid of this output by putting the
"-Wl,--as-needed" compiler flag in the upstream configure script. But
honestly this happens with most GTK programs. The libgtk-x11-2.0.so
library is setup to bring in most of its own dependencies every time a
program uses it. Even when that program doesn't need to call pango,
cairo or any of that. I would just ignore it.