[aur-general] Deletion of xfce4-volumed

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 11 12:38:33 UTC 2016

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:07:08 +0100, Einhard Leichtfuß wrote:
>Unless there is a genral rule not to include discontinued software in
>the AUR, I would like to resubmit the package.

Hi,

even "community" provides discontinued software, e.g.

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/roxterm/

https://sourceforge.net/p/roxterm/discussion/422638/thread/60da6975/

It already is buggy, but IMO even with its bugs it is still the best
terminal emulation, at least I didn't found another one to replace
roxterm for me. There's countless maintained software, that is much
more buggy, than some discontinued software, let alone that some old
software is better designed, without missing features, without useless
features etc.. Discontinued software could still be the best available
software for a task.

I can't comment xfce4-volumed, I neither use pulseaudio, nor
xfce4-volumed, just alsa and jackd with hdspmixer. However, as long as
software is useful and can't be replaced, there IMO is no need to rule
out discontinued software.

Regards,
Ralf