[aur-general] Should TUs tolarate inapropiate behavior in the AUR?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Feb 13 07:30:48 UTC 2016

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 23:22:55 -0500, Mark Weiman wrote:
>I don't see anything wrong with maintaining several hundred packages.
>If someone is willing to and has the time to do it, I say they should
>be able to without moderation.

Essentially this is my opinion too. Anyway, since this thread came into
being by a thread I started and it came out that at least one
maintainer seems to suffer from something like a collecting mania
and/or control mania and at least two other maintainers felt harassed
by this maintainer, there maybe is the need to take a look at
maintainers of very much PKGBUILDS. Again, not to ensure that the
PKGBUILDS are secure, I hoped that I have already explained good enough
that this isn't what I'm thinking of. It might be helpful for the sense
of well-being of other maintainers, to at least ensure that there is no
suspect organisation acting. I'm not a package maintainer, so "AUR
packages are user produced content. Any use of the provided files is at
your own risk." is addressed to me and other users and doesn't include
the the sense of well-being of maintainers, who feel pressure by other,
misbehaving maintainers. As a user I don't know if this is really an
issue, or even true.