[aur-general] pkgbuild - suggestion

Jiachen Yang farseerfc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:48:23 UTC 2016

Arch Linux CN community have a tool nvchecker (
https://github.com/lilydjwg/nvchecker)
for periodically checking new versions of software and sending
notifications.
We have a nightly building bot and a unofficial repo (
https://github.com/archlinuxcn/repo)
driving by nvchecker.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:

> * Eli Schwartz <eschwartz93 at gmail.com> [2016-02-17 19:50:40 -0500]:
> > On 02/17/2016 05:11 PM, Jozef Riha wrote:
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > this might not be a perfect place to propose new things to pkgbuild but
> > > otoh it does affect pkgbuild and does make sense for aur packages. my
> point
> > > is: at the moment the only way that the aur maintainers learn about
> > > upstream version bump is either by a user notification system (flags on
> > > aur) or some external (rss for instance) checks. this may work to some
> > > extent but wouldn't it be nice if the checking function would be the
> part
> > > of the pkgbuild (a new function alongside prepare(), build(),
> package()..)
> > > and this function would be invoked by an aur wrapper such as yaourt?
> > >
> > > the implementation probably would not be trivial due to security
> concerns
> > > but in the end, maybe having a possibility to process an html page
> with a
> > > regex or read rss would be a good start.

> > As you rightly pointed out, that is the job of the AUR *maintainer*.
> >

> > Check out urlwatch...
>
> Oh, interesting. I wrote
> http://git.the-compiler.org/webdiff/tree/webdiff some while ago
> because I couldn't find anything like that, but urlwatch sounds like a
> bit more powerful. Definitely need to check it out!
>
> Florian
>
> --
> http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
>    GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
>          I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/

Jiachen Yang 楊嘉晨
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
Tel:   080-3853-2770
MSN:   firechildren at hotmail.com
GMail: farseerfc at gmail.com