[aur-general] password reset request

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 5 21:33:01 UTC 2016

On 01/05/2016 10:22 PM, Michael Straube wrote:
> The problem is that recovering the email account is not possible.
> I deleted it (now it's blocked) because i didn't want to use it anymore.
> Sadly I've forgotten to change the email for the AUR account befor that.
> :-(
>
> Would be sad if i have to wait (180 days I think) till the used address
> gets unblocked so that I can reuse it.
>
> Registering a new AUR account would be ok, but then i can not use the
> username michast.
>
> I see the problem that I have to prove that I am the owner of the
> account, but how can I do that?
>
> ...the ssh key is also lost (thanks to the chakra installer..) :-/

Sorry to say that, but that still sounds fishy... it just does not sound
very probable that all this happened in combination:

1) deleted your email account
2) forgot your AUR password
3) lost your ssh key because of an installer

If I look at your first mail you wrote "lost the login data for the
email", maybe you meant that you deleted it... but somehow it feels a
bit like you just switched the story.

On 01/05/2016 07:55 PM, michastgit at web.de wrote:
> I can't use the 'pssword forgotten' function because I also lost the
login data for the email account i used for registration.

cheers
anthraxx