[aur-general] password reset request

respiranto respiranto at icloud.com
Tue Jan 5 23:20:56 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-05 23:48, Mauro Santos wrote:
> If the maintainer of a package can't be contacted or doesn't reply then
> the package can be orphaned, but I don't see the username being handed
> over just like that, it's just bad practice, even if other things seem
> to check out.

Although I agree, that the story sounds a little suspicious, I think, we
can find a better way than to simply deny the request.
One could send an email announcing the possible account transfer to the
original email address. If there is no reply within e.g. a month, we can
more or less safely assume, that the story is true.

Should the decision later proof wrong, that should not be such a big
issue, regarding the fact that there is no personal data stored except
for the _public_ key and especially since the only package is your own
project.