[aur-general] password reset request

Michael Straube michastgit at web.de
Wed Jan 6 16:15:28 UTC 2016

Am 06.01.2016 um 00:20 schrieb respiranto:
> On 2016-01-05 23:48, Mauro Santos wrote:
>> If the maintainer of a package can't be contacted or doesn't reply then
>> the package can be orphaned, but I don't see the username being handed
>> over just like that, it's just bad practice, even if other things seem
>> to check out.
>
> Although I agree, that the story sounds a little suspicious, I think, we
> can find a better way than to simply deny the request.
> One could send an email announcing the possible account transfer to the
> original email address. If there is no reply within e.g. a month, we can
> more or less safely assume, that the story is true.

Ok, I filed an orphan request from the new account. I fully understand
and appreciate your doubts about my story. Maybe my question was a bit
naive. If it's not possible or to much trouble then it's ok for me to
use a different username. More important is that I get back control
over my package. Hoping the orphan request will be successfull soon..

cheers
Micha