[aur-general] Yahoo mail problems (was No notification for out-of-date package)

Dustin Falgout dustin at falgout.us
Sat Jan 16 03:42:40 UTC 2016

> On Jan 15 2016, at 1:34 pm, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

> On 14.01.2016 14:41, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 13.01.2016 18:53, Giovanni 'ItachiSan' Santini wrote:
>> My package "telegram-desktop-bin-dev" was flagged as out of date on
the
>> 10th of January but I received no mail notification about that.
>
> It appears that yahoo has decided to "temporarily" reject all mails from
> that system (bbs, wiki, aur, mailing lists). I've sent an email to their
> postmaster and hope this will clear up soon.
>
> Until then, I'm afraid yahoo users will not receive emails from our
> services. Sorry for the inconvenience.

> We are still unable to deliver mails to yahoo and so far my email to
postmaster at yahoo.com has not received a reply. Can anyone put me in
touch with someone from yahoo or tell me if the postmaster address is
read (I kind of expect it to go to /dev/null)?

> Florian

It looks like the reverse dns lookup for the server points to
[luna.archlinux.org](http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx#) instead of
aur.archlinux.org. Perhaps that is what's causing the problem?

Dustin