[aur-general] PKGBUILD review request: libdime-hg

Alessandro Menti alessandro.menti at hotmail.it
Sun Jul 31 06:52:29 UTC 2016

Hi Eli,
thanks for the review.

> Unless you actually mean to indicate that that package fundamentally
> builds the development version from hg "tip", please use the version
> tarballs available at
> https://bitbucket.org/${user}/${repo}/get/${revision}.tar.gz
>
> In this case, there do not appear to be tags, so just go with the latest
> commit hash. But still, it is false to claim that it is a development
> version.
> I don't know how you would go about calculating the actual pkgver
> though, if the repository doesn't seem to have tagged releases or proper
> versioning.
That's exactly the problem - there are neither tags nor proper
versioning. The only hint I've found is in the Debian copyright file [1]:

> Source:
>  hg clone https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/dime
>  The upstream package source tarball was generated by:
>  hg archive -r 187 -p dime-0.20111205 ../../dime_0.20111205.orig.tar.bz2
> Comment:
>  first Debian packages by A. Maitland Bottoms <bottoms at debian.org> on
>  Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:27:21 -0500.
>  first downloaded from ftp://ftp.sim.no/pub/snapshots/

which suggests the tarball originally released by the authors was a
nightly release (incidentally, r187 corresponds to the current hg "tip").

Regarding the pkgver, I think using the ISO 8601 "reversed date" might be
acceptable in this particular case.

I've attached the revised PKGBUILD below - let me know if you have any
further observations.

Thanks again,
Alessandro Menti

[1] http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/d/dime/dime_0.20111205-2_copyright

----- The PKGBUILD follows: --------------------------------------------
# Maintainer: Alessandro Menti <alessandro dot menti at hotmail dot it>
pkgname=libdime
pkgver=20111205
_commit=7cd55bc6a6d0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A DXF (Data eXchange Format) file format support library"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/dime"
license=('BSD')
depends=('gcc-libs')
makedepends=('doxygen' 'mercurial')
source=("https://bitbucket.org/Coin3D/dime/get/${_commit}.tar.gz")
sha256sums=('23abc644771914accb47bd144ff6e533a7e6d6b6b44b588bd9ec827b236efbda')

build() {
	cd "$srcdir/Coin3D-dime-${_commit}"
	./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-html
	make
}

package() {
	cd "$srcdir/Coin3D-dime-${_commit}"
	make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
	install -D -m644 COPYING "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/LICENSE"
}