[aur-general] Updating MATE Packages

Kyle Terrien kyleterrien at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 17:51:13 UTC 2016

Sean Fennell <eadrom> wrote:
> On 06/11/2016 04:55 AM, Antonio Rojas wrote:
> I've uploaded my updated PKGBUILD's to GitHub.  [1]
>
> I've noticed a few of the packages are split packages for GTK2 and GTK3
> while most of them are seperate packages for GTK2 and GTK3 versions.
> For MATE 1.14, I would like to have both GTK2 and GTK3 versions
> available.  For future stable releases, MATE should be ready for GTK3
> primetime.  The Ubuntu MATE team is working on getting their MATE 1.14
> ready for GTK3 only for their 16.10 release.  The Ubuntu MATE team works
> closely with upstream MATE, so the next stable MATE release should have
> all their patches upstreamed by then and so I'm expecting MATE to have a
> pretty solid GTK3 only release for 1.16.
>
> I'm still getting up to speed on the development side of Arch.  I've not
> altered the PKGBUILD's in any major ways, outside of bringing them up to
> 1.14.  If there are major changes that need to be made or any tips or
> other helpful and constructive criticism, I welcome the feedback.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Eadrom/arch_mate

This may sound like a silly question, but how are you building packages
in bulk?  Are you using a home-brewed script like I did a week ago [0],
or are you building each package by hand?

In the case of the latter, would you like help automating stuff?

--Kyle

[0] https://gitlab.com/KlipKyle/mate-pkgbuilds/blob/master/make-gtk2.sh