[aur-general] Updating MATE Packages

Sean Fennell <eadrom> eadrom at archlinux.info
Sun Jun 12 20:14:56 UTC 2016

On 06/12/2016 10:51 AM, Kyle Terrien via aur-general wrote:
> This may sound like a silly question, but how are you building packages
> in bulk?  Are you using a home-brewed script like I did a week ago [0],
> or are you building each package by hand?
>
> In the case of the latter, would you like help automating stuff?
>
> --Kyle
>
> [0] https://gitlab.com/KlipKyle/mate-pkgbuilds/blob/master/make-gtk2.sh

I'm using namcap to check my PKGBUILD's as I go along, but I've yet try
and build them until after I sorted through the hooks and cleaning up of
split packages.  I tried using extra-{i686,x86_64}-build, but right away
ran into the whole needing to build them in the correct order issue when
I tried building atril.  I'm planning on using a clean VM and figuring
out the correct order and then building and installing them there to
test and make sure the packages will build.

In your make-gtk2.sh script, it looks like you build mate-common and
then work through a list of packages.  Is that list in the correct order
in which they need to be built?  If so, that'll make it a much easier
time for me when I go to test building my PKGBUILD's.

Thank you for sharing that script!

--
Sean Fennell <eadrom>