[aur-general] a build failure case

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 01:27:04 UTC 2016

On 05/05/2016 08:59 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> oleo in aur for amd athelon k8 fails to build because a dif file the
> package needs is not at the specified url.  I realize several other kinds
> of build failures exist depending on particular packages in aur and what I
> propose here will not cover those kind of cases.
> For oleo though, might it be possible to put code into the package build
> file that first would do a google file:filename.ext search for the needed
> file and check md5sums of those files excluding all that do not match the
> specified md5sum specified by the author for that missing file then
> download the missing file from an alternate site that passed the md5sum
> test?
> I've not done package build coding yet so don't know what is or isn't
> possible and how to implement it yet.  The code if it were ever
> successfully implemented might if reused cover this kind of case across
> the aur itself and only if something like that can be done would I
> consider my proposal any kind of success.
>

> --

I don't know what you are talking about. The oleo[1] package in the AUR
specifies a single diff file[2] and that file is most certainly available.

And if it weren't, it is the maintainer's responsibility to fix their
shoddy packaging immediately.

--
Eli Schwartz

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/oleo