[aur-general] a build failure case

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri May 6 00:59:26 UTC 2016

oleo in aur for amd athelon k8 fails to build because a dif file the
package needs is not at the specified url.  I realize several other kinds
of build failures exist depending on particular packages in aur and what I
propose here will not cover those kind of cases.
For oleo though, might it be possible to put code into the package build
file that first would do a google file:filename.ext search for the needed
file and check md5sums of those files excluding all that do not match the
specified md5sum specified by the author for that missing file then
download the missing file from an alternate site that passed the md5sum
test?
I've not done package build coding yet so don't know what is or isn't
possible and how to implement it yet.  The code if it were ever
successfully implemented might if reused cover this kind of case across
the aur itself and only if something like that can be done would I
consider my proposal any kind of success.