[aur-general] Fwd: [REPORT] Banned for reporting Out of Date CVS packages by Alucryd

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 4 17:49:34 UTC 2016

On 11/04/2016 06:17 PM, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:

> (No real gain != loss)

Looks like our conclusion about this distinguishes as for me doing
something without gain is a loss. nvm.
I don't like it much, but if we are talking half-way about AUR wrappers
anyway then don't forget that the loss is that you force it to be part
of "regular" updates of those wrappers. As Philipp pointed out you have
a gain when taking them separately into account as you want to be more
careful because of possible wonky states.

> And I don't really see it as a "workaround for AUR wrappers". I see it
> as getting more useful information into the AUR rpc interface.

Why not setup a systemd timer then and sync the version once per minute
so it has even more up-to-date useful information?