[aur-general] Missing Co-Maintainer Search Criteria on AUR

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 5 09:07:56 UTC 2016

On Sat, 05 Nov 2016 at 10:00:35, NicoHood wrote:
> I think adding a manual co-maintain filter is enough for now (option 2
> without special UI). I do not really need a special button etc, just
> somehow an option to show the packages. This way the feature could be
> implemented possibly simple while keeping the UI idea open for now.
> (However I like the idea of the "Packages I Co-Maintain" section idea).

Simply adding new filters before thinking ahead is something I would
rather avoid, though. If we find a better UI later (maybe something like
the split maintainers page I suggested), we cannot silently drop the
co-maintainer filter again because links and scripts might already use
it. For the same reason, we still have that legacy "Exact name" filter
instead of being consistent with archweb now.

Make a plan, then implement -- not the other way round...