[aur-general] "pepper-flash" naming?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:50:06 UTC 2016

On 11/13/2016 03:33 AM, Det via aur-general wrote:
> Why helloooooooooooooooooooo,
>
> Since the maintainer is throwing his tantrum, I decided it would be good
> to ask the mailing list directly, should "pepper-flash" [1] be renamed
> to e.g. "flashplugin-ppapi"?
>
> This would be more in line with the official package extra/flashplugin
> [2] and also the source URL of the thing itself.
>
> What do you think?
>
> [1] = https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pepper-flash/
>
> [2] = https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/flashplugin/
>
>                                      Det

So, in the mailing list you give your actual reasoning, *after* giving a
cryptic comment in the AUR comments and being rejected, and rightly so,
as a crank.

And now you will sling mud at the pepper-flash maintainer.

I have no opinion about the package itself (I certainly do not see the
apparent obviousness of your position), but purely regarding your
behavior, I desperately want you to remain unhappy.

--
Eli Schwartz