[aur-general] "pepper-flash" naming?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 13 22:37:09 UTC 2016

On 11/13/2016 02:57 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> IMO it would be better to drop all flashplayer related packages from
> AUR, as well as from the official repositories.

While I agree with you on principal, it's an unrealistic expectation.
You can't expect a small business, who paid $1000s to a developer to
have a web application made, one that still works well BTW, to again pay
$$ to migrate this to html5 with no perceived benefit as flash player is
still available and supported. When it finally breaks, sure.
Unfortunately, (un)certain inevitability is a hard sell to the brass.

--DJ