[aur-general] Trusted User Application: Giancarlo Razzolini

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:38:06 UTC 2016

Em outubro 20, 2016 17:36 Levente Polyak escreveu:
> Hi Giancarlo,
>
> Well I don't see reason to have a checksum for that one, its contained
> within the source (PKGBUILD) and not downloaded from a remote.
> It either comes through git or via a pkg-src tarball. The PKGBUILD
> itself (that contains that checksum) comes through the very same way and
> also runs code itself.

Indeed. I removed all .install files from the source array of my packages.

> I would say: just leave it around. In fact we had a big TODO list [0]
> cleaning up all the userdel from all packages in the whole repos (not
> the AUR).
> It doesn't hurt much and in fact if it ever creates some files (now or
> in the future) you definitively don't want to wipe them and definitively
> don't want to delete the user-name associated with the
> UID of those files.

I kept the userdel for now. But I will follow how this develops.

> cool. that's especially important to get some attention onto it when you
> consider moving such to the repo ;)

I just updated the uscpi-tcp package and all the others with the suggested
improvements. As for my own packages, I removed their .install files for
now. I agree it is not the proper place for documentation. Some of them
already have wiki entries documenting their install process. Some do not.
I will probably move that text to a proper file in /usr/share/doc and will
also improve their documentation on the github.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini