[aur-general] Trusted User Application: Giancarlo Razzolini

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 21 12:10:44 UTC 2016

On October 21, 2016 1:38:06 PM GMT+02:00, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

>> I would say: just leave it around. In fact we had a big TODO list [0]
>> cleaning up all the userdel from all packages in the whole repos (not
>> the AUR).
>> It doesn't hurt much and in fact if it ever creates some files (now
>or
>> in the future) you definitively don't want to wipe them and
>definitively
>> don't want to delete the user-name associated with the
>> UID of those files.
>>

>I kept the userdel for now. But I will follow how this develops.

Well I don't see why it shouldn't be but as long as it's the AUR most likely that won't be enforce anyway as there isn't even proper UID GID registry.

But any package in the repo must not delete user and group accounts, that's what that TODO list was all about. I don't see why this will change anytime soon so please keep that rule in mind :)

>I just updated the uscpi-tcp package and all the others with the
>suggested
>improvements. As for my own packages, I removed their .install files
>for
>now. I agree it is not the proper place for documentation. Some of them
>
>already have wiki entries documenting their install process. Some do
>not.
>I will probably move that text to a proper file in /usr/share/doc and
>will
>also improve their documentation on the github.

Cool that was quite fast :)
Cheers
Levente