[aur-general] Trusted User Application: Giancarlo Razzolini

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Oct 22 15:17:37 UTC 2016

On 21.10.2016 14:19, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general wrote:
> Em outubro 21, 2016 10:10 Levente Polyak escreveu:
>>
>> Well I don't see why it shouldn't be but as long as it's the AUR most likely that won't be enforce anyway as there isn't even proper UID GID registry.
>>
> I don't plan on bringing memlockd to community, if I become a TU.

I feel like the goal should be that every AUR package is in a state that
allows it to be simply moved to community without requiring any changes.

Sadly, most of the time I want to move stuff I have to invest a couple
of hours/days into making sure it builds properly and follows our
(implicit?) standards. Like keeping users after removal, not including
tons of patches, using split packages only when necessary or depending
on all dependencies. It appears many people still build with plain
makepkg and without build chroots.

Also please keep in mind that AUR packages are influenced by each other.
If you have one package doing things a certain way and you only clean
them up when necessary, you'll have to clean them up every time. If
people get used to the way we want packages, moving could be much
simpler and every package you improve is a step in the right direction.

Florian