[aur-general] Trusted User Application: Giancarlo Razzolini

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 23:32:26 UTC 2016

Em outubro 22, 2016 13:17 Florian Pritz via aur-general escreveu:

> I feel like the goal should be that every AUR package is in a state that
> allows it to be simply moved to community without requiring any changes.
>
> Sadly, most of the time I want to move stuff I have to invest a couple
> of hours/days into making sure it builds properly and follows our
> (implicit?) standards. Like keeping users after removal, not including
> tons of patches, using split packages only when necessary or depending
> on all dependencies. It appears many people still build with plain
> makepkg and without build chroots.

I agree with all this. I have been using the devtools for a while now.
Not only I use a clean chroot build, but I have developed a testing
procedure where I test the packages on both VM's and on bare metal machines,
before pushing them to the AUR. Not only that, but I invest some effort
into making sure I got the right upstream sources. I have a multi ISP/VPN/TOR
download tool that I plan on polishing and releasing that automates in part
the retrieval of the sources (also making sure you have the right one).

> Also please keep in mind that AUR packages are influenced by each other.
> If you have one package doing things a certain way and you only clean
> them up when necessary, you'll have to clean them up every time. If
> people get used to the way we want packages, moving could be much
> simpler and every package you improve is a step in the right direction.

This experience, even if I don't get in, has been much fruitful. I will
continue helping either way, whenever I can.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini