[aur-general] PKGBULD validation

Patrick Ziegler p.ziegler96 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:03:45 UTC 2016

<aur-general at archlinux.org>:
> On purely visual grounds, you may wish to stick a line of whitespace in
> between the Maintainer line and the beginning of the PKGBUILD variables,
> to make it stand out better.
The wiki says to minimize the amount the number of whitespaces, so I
think I will leave it like this.

> Non *-git packages have no need to conflict the *-git version, the *-git
> version, being the exception, should declare the conflict.
> And only one package needs to declare the conflict for pacman to figure
> it out.
When I was testing it, it gave me an error that the files already
exist, but after another test it seems what you are saying is true, so
I'll remove it.

> And if you actually want the *-git version to not include .r0.g<commit>
> then you may want to remove --long from the `git describe` invocation in
> pkgver() -- but personally I prefer it to be there.
> As it is now, you seem to have manually removed it but it will
> automatically be added back as soon as the PKGBUILD is used.
I don't see a point in using the .r0.g suffix in the repo since I have
a pkgver function that generates that automatically when the user
builds the package. And whenever I update my code, I can just bump the
pkgrel, which is much more convenient than figuring out the right
suffix