[aur-general] PKGBULD validation

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:00:59 UTC 2016

On 09/07/2016 01:22 PM, Patrick Ziegler via aur-general wrote:
> Thank you again very much for your insights. I have made the necessary
> changes and will try to submit it to the AUR later in the evening, I
> will also post the new PKGBUILDs here again just so you can confirm
> that there is nothing I still have missed.

Just a last couple of nitpicks:

On purely visual grounds, you may wish to stick a line of whitespace in
between the Maintainer line and the beginning of the PKGBUILD variables,
to make it stand out better.

Non *-git packages have no need to conflict the *-git version, the *-git
version, being the exception, should declare the conflict.
And only one package needs to declare the conflict for pacman to figure
it out.

And if you actually want the *-git version to not include .r0.g<commit>
then you may want to remove --long from the `git describe` invocation in
pkgver() -- but personally I prefer it to be there.
As it is now, you seem to have manually removed it but it will
automatically be added back as soon as the PKGBUILD is used.

--
Eli Schwartz