[aur-general] oleo package

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:12:01 UTC 2016

On 09/09/2016 11:27 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to get that package to build and install yet?
> It would be nice to have a spreadsheet cli users could use with more
> available functions in it than sc or sc-im.  I never did find out whether
> oleo would fit this bill since I can't get it to build so I can find out.

"yet" -- implies context other subscribers to this list may not be aware
of? I know *my* crystal ball is offline today...

Okay. I will assume you are referring to the build error posted in the
comments at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/oleo

*Can* you build it according to upstream compilation instructions? If
not, you should ask upstream what the problem is. This is not the "how
do I fix upstream bugs" mailing list, this is the "how do I turn working
upstream software into an Arch Linux package" mailing list.

How many people here (other than you) do you think have actually tried
to compile/run this program, and do you think that number is greater or
less than "zero"?

tl;dr
There is no expectation that anyone here has any clue what you are
talking about.

--
Eli Schwartz