[aur-general] amdgpu-pro : video playback hangs system

SET nmset at netcourrier.com
Sun Sep 18 11:58:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just can't play any video file with amdgpu-pro, with any DE, any video file
format and any player. The system totally freezes on playback start and
there's no choice but a hard reboot.

There are no problems with a 3D application I use (Slicer) though performance
is less than with fglrx.

My laptop :
Linux hp2.domain 4.7.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 15 15:24:29 CEST 2016
x86_64 GNU/Linux
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
Kaveri [Radeon R6 Graphics]
01:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Topaz XT
[Radeon R7 M260/M265 / M340/M360] (rev ff)
X.Org X Server 1.18.4

Here is my Xorg.log : http://pastebin.com/WeY7X2De

amdgpu_test : the first time, the system froze on 'VCE tests'. Next run would
stop with these results : http://pastebin.com/g2jF423b

I wish to know if it's a common known problem with some tweaks to get it work
(play videos). Or if's an upstream amdgpu-pro/Xorg problem where I just have
to wait and try a next release.

Thanks for any input.