[aur-general] first package submission

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 04:09:22 UTC 2017

On 04/03/2017 11:17 AM, David CARLIER via aur-general wrote:
> I wished to submit this new package, the only thing is the main source file
> needs to be taken from the url (e.g needs a registration) but that s all so
> I dunno if I can apply for submitting this to aur ?

The usual way to deal with such sources is to list it as e.g.
local://$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz and expect the user to download it manually.

Note that simply listing the source as $pkgname-$pkgver.tgz means the
AUR submission process will block your upload, since sources without a
download method must be included in the AUR commit (to be downloaded
alongside the PKGBUILD).

As Bruno said, you have lots of junk variables; if you're not using
them, simply don't include them at all. :)

Given that the pkgdesc references a C API for something, and it uses
CMake and depends on pcre... I am guessing the arch should not be:
arch=('any') -- which refers to packages that don't include
platform-specific files like ELF binaries -- and should in fact be:
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')

--
Eli Schwartz