[aur-general] TU Application: Christian Rebischke

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 17 14:25:03 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,
I am Christian Rebischke (in the internet mostly known as 'shibumi') and
I would like to increase my work in the Arch Linux Community and become
Arch Linux TU. Thanks to Florian Pritz (bluewind) for being my sponsor.

Maybe you know me already from the Arch Linux Security Team [1], but let
me introduce me first.

I was born in Goslar (Germany) in 1992 and I had first contact with Arch
Linux with around 18. This is now more than 6 years ago. Before I had a
long journey through the debian world with Ubuntu and Debian. Currently
I study computer science at TU-Clausthal and I am halftime employed as
Software Engineer at our Institute for Software Systems Engineering and
as System Administrator at our Datacenter and the Institute for
Mathematics [2]. January 2015 I started with my work in the Arch Linux
Security Team and around half a year later I became official member of
Arch Linux Security Team. If I recall correctly I pushed my first
package into the AUR in 2014. At the moment I maintain 45 packages in
the AUR [3]. Most of them are vim-plugins, python libraries or tools for
malware analysis. I am interested in malware analysis, reverse
engineering, large scale system administration, devops. I know python,
bash, C, C++, Java, x86 assembler and some Rust, but I wouldn't call my
self a professional developer. (Something that I want to change with my
job in the Institute for Software Systems Engineering). Moreover I am
quite active in the opensource community. I contributed small patches to
systemd and others. The current project that I support with pull
requests is powerlevel9k [4], a nice powerline for zsh.

Non-technical interests are asian languages like Chinese
(你们好,我会说一点点中文) and japanese (今日はみなさん), asian culture
and cooking.

If I become a TU I would want to adopt the following orphan packages in
[community]:

- ascii
- audit
- bup
- connman

Furthermore I would like to push the following packages from [AUR] to
[community] (if the maintainers agree with it):

- arch-audit
- systemtap

I also provide an Arch Linux Vagrant box and I would love to get 1-2
other people together and doing some official out of this [5]. I
currently only provide virtualbox as hypervisor. My plan are monthly
snapshots like CentOS does.

Best ways to contact me are IRC (I am on freenode, oftc and hackint as
shibumi and hangout in different #archlinux channels like #archlinux.de)
the german archlinux.de forum and mail. My PGP Key fingerprint is:
6DAF 7B80 8F9D F251 3962  0000 D214 61E3 DFE2 060D

best regards,

Chris

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/people/support-staff/
[2] https://en.nullday.de/about/