[aur-general] Review request for a PKGBUILD

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 05:13:19 UTC 2017

On 01/07/2017 11:59 PM, Leonid Bloch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to push the following PKGBUILD to AUR. It is useful for those
> who want to use HDF5 files with LZ4 compression.
>
> There are two things that bother me about it:
> 1) The upstream repository contains 4 directories: LZ4, BLOSC, BZIP2,
> and docs. Of which only LZ4 is used. I just "git rm -rf" the unneeded
> directories, as you can see. But it doesn't seem very elegant.

Any especial need to rm it? If it isn't used then you can just ignore
that it is there. :)

Your PKGBUILD syntax looks fine, the only small nit I have is that by
convention the printf uses "r%s.g%s" (see the "VCS package guidelines"
wiki page).

sha1 is weak, but given that the /etc/profile.d dropin is downloaded
with the PKGBUILD it is no worse than using md5sums=('SKIP') for git
repos rather than skipping sha256 instead. :D It remains debatable
whether the average AUR maintainer actually checks sources first anyway...

--
Eli Schwartz