[aur-general] Review request for a PKGBUILD

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:02:59 UTC 2017

Le 08/01/2017 à 22:55, Eli Schwartz via aur-general a écrit :

> On 01/08/2017 04:35 PM, Bruno Pagani via aur-general wrote:
>> started partially because someone didn’t took it[0], but here see Eli
>> and Doug comments, this is really unnecessary. ;)
> Would this be a bad time to say that my personal style of choice is to
> over-quote? :p

Well, in that case, I’ll call only to Doug. ;p

> All I said was "appeal to authority" == fail because you can get gurus
> to say whatever you want. It's a very subjective bikeshed.
>
> As long as you *do* use quotes in circumstances where you *can* get
> unpredictable user input containing spaces (or nothing of course!) it
> really doesn't matter what you do the rest of the time.
> It is a style preference.

You’re absolutely right. :) My own preference goes to less chars, and
thus making sure I know what I’m doing. ;)

But I’m OK with people over-quoting, like you said it’s under-quoting
which is an issue. I was just applying a second layer of “there is
nothing to be feared here in the absence of quotes”.

Bruno