[aur-general] Not receiving own emails send to the list

Vanush Misha Paturyan misha at cs.nuim.ie
Wed Jan 11 16:37:11 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 01:08:07AM +0100, Bruno Pagani via aur-general wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> With my recent email address change followed by my email spree to this
> list (because of my TU application mostly), I’ve noticed I’m not
> receiving my own emails, despite “Receive your own posts to the list?”
> being set to “Yes”.
>
> I suppose this is linked to SPF/DKIM/DMARC and the fact mailman
> sometimes (based on original sender domains using those techs I guess)
> replaces the From address while putting the original sender in the CC
> field. Maybe when it does so it forgets to send also to this CC address,
> and doesn’t send through the ML because of the “Avoid duplicate copies
> of messages” being triggered by the CC field?
>
> Can anyone confirm this? I suppose any GMail user can for instance…
>
> Note, for this email, I’m trying “Avoid duplicate copies of messages” to
> “No” in order to check whether it changes anything, which I kind of
> expect given my current analysis of this issue, but that isn’t a proper
> solution since it will indeed results in duplicate copies.

I might be wrong here, but I think it is gmail's "feature" not to show
you your own emails that are coming back via mailing lists. I was
investigating similar complain by a gmail user that he does not
receive his own emails via mailing list, and my conclusion was gmail
silently deletes them.

Hope this helps

Misha.

--