[aur-general] gopro package check

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 15:21:03 UTC 2017

On 07/02/2017 09:48 AM, mickael foucaux via aur-general wrote:
> thanks.
>
> The package author and I made some updates after you comments.
>
> about checksums:
> - I changed it for 'SKIP' rule
>
> about version number:
> - version tag has been added to original repository
> - and the PKGBUILD grabs it
>
> about the name:
> - I added the '-git' suffix
> - I updated the group name as well
>
> about variables:
> - $srcdir and $pkgdir are now embed in quoted strings
>
> about licence:
> - it has been added to the source repository
>
> Is that good enough to fit AUR quality?

Looks good to me. Note that now there are tags provided by upstream
(good job on that), you could, optionally, choose to upload a non-git
package that uses:
source=("gopro-linux-$pkgver.tar.gz::$url/archive/$pkgver.tar.gz")
which is the reproducible archive created on that repository's Releases
page. As it is, though, this package is certainly sufficient to provide
a *-git package.

I'd also like to point to the pkgdesc... "Useful tool set for post
production" doesn't seem descriptive enough to me, I would probably use
something like "Tools for post production with GoPro cameras". Just from
looking at the PKGBUILD, I cannot tell what gopro is or why I might want
to use their tools.
This might not matter to people already looking for software that
relates to the gopro, but at least it could help people know when the
package is *not* for them.

--
Eli Schwartz