[aur-general] TU Application: Dan Printzell

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Fri Jul 28 09:49:48 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-28 01:14, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> Don't get that wrong, but I am wondering how much people this D-packages
> really need. Do we have so much D programmers outside?

Don't get me wrong, but I am wondering how much people use systemtap or
playerctl? According to pkgstats it's not 2% and 5% and both aren't even
listed in Stackoverflow!

> Additionally some of the package that you want to move don't have so
> much votes nor popularity.

It never was a hard rule.

> So I would like to know: Are you also interested in maintaing other
> packages besides D specific packages? We have really a lot of orphans in
> community.

Will leave that to Dan to respond in detail but first, D toolchain is
orphan anyway and second, it's fine to take care only of one area in
repository.

> 1. You want to surround $pkgname-$pkgver and $pkgver in your source with
> double quotes:

And I guess it has to be done because suddenly manually set variables
will explode with whitespace?