[aur-general] Package review request

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Wed Mar 15 15:10:00 UTC 2017

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:41:27 +0100
Stefan Auditor via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> creating a PKGBUILD[1] for Traefik[2], a reverse proxy, I would like to
> have it reviewed, as this is the first package I do that is containing
> a service.
>
> I tried following the Arch packaging standards[3] but am fairly sure I
> missed things.
>
> Other than that it's a Golang project, so I just have a binary and some
> configuration files to package.
>
> Thank you for your time.
> Stefan
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/traefik-bin/
> [2] https://github.com/containous/traefik
> [3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_packaging_standards

The biggest problem is that is will fail on a lot of setups. You don't have the
service, logrotate file, etc in the source array and assume that they're one
dir up from $srcdir. This is wrong.

Why do you have the LICENSE.md in both source_* arrays instead of the normal
source array? You should also not be pulling that from master, as you don't
know when that will change. It should be put in a subdir of $pkgname, not
$_pkgname.

chowning a managed dir in post_install is less than idea. You should be using a
set UID/GID and chowing it in the package function. You should also not be
deleting the user in post_remove.

Hope this helps!