[aur-general] Package review request

Stefan Auditor stefan.auditor at erdfisch.de
Thu Mar 16 10:09:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-03-15 at 10:10 -0500, Doug Newgard wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:41:27 +0100
> Stefan Auditor via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > creating a PKGBUILD[1] for Traefik[2], a reverse proxy, I would
> > like to
> > have it reviewed, as this is the first package I do that is
> > containing
> > a service.
> >
> > I tried following the Arch packaging standards[3] but am fairly
> > sure I
> > missed things.
> >
> > Other than that it's a Golang project, so I just have a binary and
> > some
> > configuration files to package.
> >
> > Thank you for your time.
> > Stefan
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/traefik-bin/
> > [2] https://github.com/containous/traefik
> > [3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_packaging_standards
>
> The biggest problem is that is will fail on a lot of setups. You
> don't have the
> service, logrotate file, etc in the source array and assume that
> they're one
> dir up from $srcdir. This is wrong.
Changed that to include all files that are to be installed.

> Why do you have the LICENSE.md in both source_* arrays instead of the
> normal
> source array? You should also not be pulling that from master, as you
> don't
> know when that will change. It should be put in a subdir of $pkgname,
> not
> $_pkgname.
Changed that, too.

> chowning a managed dir in post_install is less than idea. You should
> be using a
> set UID/GID and chowing it in the package function.
Tried chowning in the package function, but as the user/group doesn't
exist when packaging, it fails. Also found some packages[1][2] that are
having the same problem and do it in the post_install hook.
So, sticking to that by now

> You should also not be
> deleting the user in post_remove.
Removed that.