[aur-general] Review and a bit of other help request

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 00:03:09 UTC 2017

On 03/23/2017 06:08 PM, Konstantin Gizdov wrote:
> About the makedepends - for Pythia, most of the available flags don't
> even have packages in the Arch universe, so I cannot simply declare them
> makedepends. The ones that exist are on AUR and I would overstate it if
> I said they were maintained. So if I add them as makedepends, no one
> will be able to install my package. I don't think this is the answer. I
> will see what else can be done.

That doesn't sound good :( but then they don't make sense even as
optdepends.

You can try obtaining maintainership of them, if they are as broken as
all that.
If they have an active maintainer who is slacking on the job, then try
discussing things in the package comments, hopefully they will either
listen to feedback or hand over maintenance to you.

As for the nonexistent ones, do you have plans to package them yourself? :)

--
Eli Schwartz