[aur-general] TU Application: Thore Bödecker

Jeremy Audet ichimonji10 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 16:13:10 UTC 2017

> And on my router at home.

Neat! What are you using for router hardware? I've done this as well. I
used a desktop with ethernet and wifi expansion cards for several years,
and then moved to a PC Engines apu2c2 <http://www.pcengines.ch/apu2c2.htm>.

It seems like you have a good set of system administration skills, as
indicated by at least these statements:

> I ended up with Arch on my rented server as well.
> I am also providing hosting services on that server to a small group of
customers
> I have been a co-maintainer of [php56] ever since and tried to push the
security releases out as quickly as possible.
> I am providing hosting services for customers I am also acting as an
email service provider for my customers (and for myself too).
> Apart from maintaining the mentioned packages I am also quite capable
regarding server and service hosting and happy to assist in maintaining and
improving the Arch Linux infrastructure. :)

Do you monitor PHP-related security issues? It sounds like you do, and if
you're providing hosting services to customers, you probably should be. :-)
Do you have any interest in sharing that knowledge by volunteering for the Arch
CVE monitoring team
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_CVE_Monitoring_Team>? Nobody is
specifically monitoring PHP issues.

—Jeremy