[aur-general] TU Application: Thore Bödecker

Thore Boedecker me at foxxx0.de
Thu May 11 16:30:02 UTC 2017

On 11.05.17 - 12:13, Jeremy Audet via aur-general wrote:
> > And on my router at home.
>
> Neat! What are you using for router hardware? I've done this as well. I
> used a desktop with ethernet and wifi expansion cards for several years,
> and then moved to a PC Engines apu2c2 <http://www.pcengines.ch/apu2c2.htm>.

At first it was an Intel Atom ITX board, then replaced by a Core i3
Haswell and finally I ended up with an apu2c4.
Storage is an internal 128gb mSATA SSD and WIFI is handled within 2
separate VLANs by a Unifi UAP-AC-Lite.
It is running really smooth and without any issues. At the moment I
even have two WAN uplinks and created some hooks for dhcpcd/pppd to
dynamically manage my routing tables and iptables rulesets.

> It seems like you have a good set of system administration skills, as
> indicated by at least these statements:
>
> > I ended up with Arch on my rented server as well.
> > I am also providing hosting services on that server to a small group of
> customers
> > I have been a co-maintainer of [php56] ever since and tried to push the
> security releases out as quickly as possible.
> > I am providing hosting services for customers I am also acting as an
> email service provider for my customers (and for myself too).
> > Apart from maintaining the mentioned packages I am also quite capable
> regarding server and service hosting and happy to assist in maintaining and
> improving the Arch Linux infrastructure. :)
>
> Do you monitor PHP-related security issues? It sounds like you do, and if
> you're providing hosting services to customers, you probably should be. :-)
> Do you have any interest in sharing that knowledge by volunteering for the Arch
> CVE monitoring team
> <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_CVE_Monitoring_Team>? Nobody is
> specifically monitoring PHP issues.

Mainly I'm just subscribed to the *-announce MLs for every important
piece of software I use and oss-sec, bugtraq and fulldisclosure in
addition.

I like to keep an eye on vulnerabilities in general and make sure to
take precations if necessary.

I'll keep that idea in mind and think about it.

> —Jeremy

Cheers,
Thore