[aur-general] TU Application: André Silva

NicoHood archlinux at nicohood.de
Mon May 15 14:43:49 UTC 2017

On 05/15/2017 01:12 PM, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> On 2017-05-13 18:35, André Silva wrote:
>> * linux-libre
>> * linux-libre-lts
>
> The drama aside, why should we want to include a libre kernel in
> repositories, while as a whole, we don't really care about it? We
> package Flash, proprietary blobs for kernel, nvidia drivers, repackage
> projectsfrom prebuilt tarballs, pull non-free assets for games and so
> on. I really can't see this application in any other way than trying to
> annoy Parabola, even if you don't intend to be malicious.
>
> Bartłomiej

Because there are people who don't use (much) proprietary software and
still want to benefit from Arch. We are not only a free distribution but
I think its a nice addition to have free kernels available. Also another
kernel maintainer can make the normal kernel testing faster than it is
now. I appreciate the work on free software and we should give users the
freedom of choice.