[aur-general] TU Application: Andrew Crerar

Andrew Crerar andrew at crerar.io
Wed Nov 22 01:20:22 UTC 2017

On 11/21/17 3:17 PM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On 11/21/2017 11:41 AM, Andrew Crerar wrote:
>> I double checked this one and I am adding git-shell to /etc/shells within the
>> install file [2]. This is the same behavior as git in [extra] [3].
>
> Whoops, I must have gotten confused while `diff`ing your files against
> the version in extra.
>
>> I dug around a bit and found this ticket [4] where it seems if you didn't have
>> hdf5 as a makedepends, then the build would fail (I personally don't think it
>> should have failed given the documentation [5]). This really should be
>> optdepends now since you can build without it. Fixed. I also took the liberty of
>> adding opencv-samples to the conflicts array (since opencv-git provides samples
>> without the split package).
>
> As anthraxx said... I have no personal experience with the package but
> it should either be a makedepends+optdepends as with the non-git
> package, or if something has changed in git and it cannot be made
> optional it shouldn't be both a depends and an optdepends.

Mhmm, after reading what anthraxx wrote I realized the mistake I made in not
putting it in makedepends as well. It's like yes, the package will compile
without it but the support will be missing and if you install hdf5 _after_
installing the package you still don't get the hdf5 support (since you needed to
have hdf5 installed before compiling to enable it in the first place).