[aur-general] When to make a separate package.

Mikael Blomstrand chawlindel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 23:41:29 UTC 2017

Hi! I just started playing around with making my own PKGBUILDs and just
made one for the "*remarkable*" markdown editor. The problem with
*remarkable* is that it uses webkitgtk. I was able to find a PR to the
official project fixing this and I used this patch in my PKGBUILD. I
uploaded the packet as *remarkable-webkit2gtk*. I'm now rethinking if this
was the correct approach or if I should have just adopted the existing
packet. (Which is orphaned.)

My thought was that since the patch have not been incorporated into the
official project, I shouldn't taint the pure *remarkable* package. Am I
being overconsiderate?

In general is this something people care about?

Regards,
Mikael