[aur-general] TU Application: David Runge

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Oct 24 06:13:33 UTC 2017

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:50:01 +0200, Levente Polyak wrote:
>On October 18, 2017 2:40:55 PM GMT+02:00, Rashif Ray Rahman wrote:
>>I confirm my sponsorship. I have to be honest that I have not checked
>>David's PKGBUILDs thoroughly, but he has been in contact with me with
>>contributions.
>>

>At this point my feedback goes to the sponsor instead of the applicant:
>
>Sorry, but I must say that I really dislike sponsoring a TU applicant
>without looking at any PKGBUILD and give some advice. In my world this
>is part of the sponsorship and one of the jobs of a "TU mentor". I
>understand that you could certainly make some judgment based on the
>contributions you mentioned, but still.
>
>I hope this will not become a trend, otherwise we could also just get
>rid of the whole sponsorship (which we shouldn't).

Please take into account that pro-audio package maintainers should be
those, who also use the packages for audio work on at least
a nearly professional quality level, IOW they need to have
skills that are at least close to a professional audio engineering
niveau.

Obviously not many users have very good audio engineering skills + Linux
skills + Arch packaging skills + time to maintain packages, so you
should lower your sights for such a nice domain.