[aur-general] TU Application: Morten Linderud

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 6 09:13:00 UTC 2017

On 09/06/2017 02:07 AM, Morten Linderud wrote:
>> bmusb:
>> - would me more error prone and convenient to keep pkgver in sync when
>>   using a pkgver() function for pinned commits and f.e. do:
>>       git describe --always | sed 's/^v//;s/-/./g'
>> - url variable points to a 403 page
>>
> Fixed apart from the pkgver(). Not sure about the intention of keeping the
> pkgver in sync with the commit hash.

Well if you switch the commit you obviously need to manually also change
the pkgver -- which is annoying, more work and error prone as it can be
forgotten or "lie". If you have a pkgver() function its as easy as
changing the commit and fire up the build.
Random example in the repository:
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/baobab

If its not fully in sync with a tag, doing so will also add info like
which hash and how many commits on top of latest tag. I really recommend
doing this when using commit hashes.

> Thanks again anthraxx and eschwartz for the comprehensive reviews!

You are welcome :)

cheers,
Levente