[aur-general] Force Push to AUR Package GIT

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Sep 26 23:33:14 UTC 2017

On 09/26/2017 05:20 PM, Elias Werberich wrote:
> Hello AUR Mailing List,
>
> I would like to ask if it is possible to force push to an AUR GIT
> repository.
> Sometimes it may be useful if you adobt a package and want to keep your
> own git history - merging unrelated histories should not be done.

This is strictly forbidden on the AUR, with the justification that
historical *versions of the package* should never be deleted. You can
commit your own updates on top of that.

It would be rather untruthful to claim that the AUR history is something
that it really wasn't, just because your private history was that something.

--
Eli Schwartz