[aur-general] Can my AUR package be reinstated?

Adam Fontenot adam.m.fontenot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 02:17:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,

The TU "alad" deleted my package, firefox-clean, from the AUR. I'm
assuming this is a mistake, but I can't contact alad directly because
their email is hidden on their profile. At first glance, it may appear
that my version of the Firefox PKGBUILD in Extra does not do anything
notable, but this is not the case. My package is intended to do three
things:

1. Set sensible default options that most users will want in the first place.
2. Eliminate *at compile time* code that is not web-browser related
(e.g. Pocket).
3. Fix pain points for power users with small, maintainable patches.
(e.g. inclusion of a restart button in the file menu)

At least items 2 and 3 cannot be done with adjustments to user.js, as
the deletion request claims.

I don't claim that many people will want to use it, but for those who
might, having a package in the AUR to use could save a considerable
amount of work. Inclusion in the AUR has never been dependent on the
number of users the package benefits, and so far as I can see,
firefox-clean doesn't break any rules.

Can I recreate the package, or can it be reinstated?

Thanks!

-Adam Fontenot