[aur-general] [PRQ#11055] Deletion Request for dnscrypt-proxy-go | [PRQ#11056] Deletion Request for dnscrypt-proxy-go-git

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 4 15:32:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, 04 Apr 2018 11:23:34 -0400
Jordan Glover via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I'm sorry for the harsh words. If those requests were made AFTER update package
> in repo there won't be this conversation. I found situation where killing other people
> efforts to make things work, unacceptable without providing an alternative. Common
> sense should prevail the rules.
>
> Jordan

Common sense tells me that if we allow people to upload newer packages just
because the repo package is out of date, the AUR will be an even bigger mess
than it already is. Everyone will be uploading packages a few hours after
upstream releases updates, and of course they will just abandon them instead of
having them deleted. The rules are in place for a reason.

Doug