[aur-general] Help with python-magic-wormhole PKGBUILD

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Dec 10 16:17:34 UTC 2018

On 12/10/18 10:42 AM, Bert Peters via aur-general wrote:
> I can confirm that pikaur does not properly handle the package. The
> problem appears to be that the PKGBUILD requires both the python- and
> python2-versions of dependencies, but both of the splits then define
> their own depends.
>
> Pikaur then installs only the depends for the version that I specify (I
> tried python 3 first) and ignores the python 2 versions. Then when
> "makepkg -s" is called, it complains that the python2 versions of the
> AUR packages cannot be found. (repo packages are fine, of course)
>
> I don't know if this is a bug, but you can probably work around this by
> moving all those dependencies to the makedepends if you need them
> during the build or remove them altogether otherwise. For me, the
> latter option works.

The package_*() depends override globally listed depends. If pikaur does
not try to install the global depends together with the makedepends
before the build happens... this is a bug in pikaur and pikaur is broken.

This is regardless of whether the PKGBUILD "should" use global depends.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User