[aur-general] Building mingw packages

hagar hagar at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 15 22:41:08 UTC 2018

Good morning All,

I have been cleaning up my build system and building all my packages.

In doing so I have come across a problem that affects all mingw packages
that nuse gcc.

mingw-w64-gcc is built with --disable-dw2-exceptions

however it would seem that windows is a dwarf system, so mingw-w64-gcc
should have been built with --disable-sjlj-exceptions.

This most affects the building of mingw-w64-rust which wont build on a
sjlj mingw system.

And there are a large number of packages that depend on mingw-w64-rust.

My question's are -

1. Should mingw-w64-gcc, mingw-w64-gcc-bootstrap and mingw-w64-fs be
changed to reflect this so that all mingw64 packages are built the same way?

2. mingw-w64-rust is being installed to /opt/rust, should it be instead
installed to /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32 and /usr/i686-w64-mingw32, as are
all the other mingw packages?

Thanks

Macca