[aur-general] AUR rate limiting

hagar hagar at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 22 22:40:53 UTC 2018

On 23/12/18 2:40 am, Florian Pritz via aur-general wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 04:41:28PM +0800, hagar <hagar at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> Is there anything wrong with creating a pertner file to the packages file
>> that has the pkgname, provides, description and git address in it.
> Not sure what 'pertner' is supposed to mean, but I'd say sure, we could
> offer a database dump. It's just that someone would have to check which
> information people need and write a patch for that.
>
> It's probably fine to dump all the info that you'd normally get
> from and RPC search request into a file. A really quick calculation
> tells me that this file would be around 20-30MiB (RPC search for 'perl',
> ~900KiB response with nearly 2k packages, 900*25 = 23MiB).
>
> If someone wants to work on a patch for that, please feel free. If you
> want, I can also provide some feedback on the patch in addition to what
> you get on aur-dev. Also please talk to Lukas to check if he is ok with
> the general idea of this before you spend too much time on it.
>
> Florian

Typo - I meant partner file :}

It should only have limited info.

pkgname, provides, description.

and would it help if it was in the git repository, so you don't download
the full thing?

This was just an idea that I put out for discussion.

If someone wanted more info would it hurt them to download the pkgbuild git?

Thanks

Macca