[aur-general] AUR rate limiting

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Dec 22 18:40:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 04:41:28PM +0800, hagar <hagar at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Is there anything wrong with creating a pertner file to the packages file
> that has the pkgname, provides, description and git address in it.

Not sure what 'pertner' is supposed to mean, but I'd say sure, we could
offer a database dump. It's just that someone would have to check which
information people need and write a patch for that.

It's probably fine to dump all the info that you'd normally get
from and RPC search request into a file. A really quick calculation
tells me that this file would be around 20-30MiB (RPC search for 'perl',
~900KiB response with nearly 2k packages, 900*25 = 23MiB).

If someone wants to work on a patch for that, please feel free. If you
want, I can also provide some feedback on the patch in addition to what
you get on aur-dev. Also please talk to Lukas to check if he is ok with
the general idea of this before you spend too much time on it.

Florian