[aur-general] TU application_R: Metal A-wing (a-wing)

Metal A-wing 1 at 233.email
Thu Dec 27 07:50:49 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry, my last application was bad a few days ago.

I (nickname a-wing) would like to apply to be a Trusted User.
Chih-Hsuan Yen (yan12125) && Jiachen Yang (farseerfc) will be my sponsor.

Some basic information about myself,
My Chinese name is YongXin SHI. I am 23 years old, and I'm living in shenzhen, China.
I am a Web Developer. uav cloud management system dev in UAV company. (not DJI)
I mainly do programming in Ruby, JavaScript, PHP
I use ruby on rails web-application framework Or express.js, Koa.js, and Frontend Single Page Application(SPA)use vue.js
I use Chinese and English.

My Blog is https://a-wing.top (Chinese)

I started using Ubuntu in high school.
And I use Debian at university.
In 2017, I started Archlinux

I also tried other distributions. linux mint, deepin linux, gentoo, centos

I think dpkg package manage is too complicated, But .deb init did a lot of things that should not be done
For example:
Debian (deb)
  - If install postgresql, dpkg is help init DB to /var/lib/postgres , But I might migrate other databases.
  - I remember. once I install a dpkg pkg. but Always in the installing. Because detection /dev/** to init.
  - The complexity of dpkg makes problems difficult to fix manually
  - Packaging is too complicated, I have never learned how to packaging a standard deb

Gentoo
  - If your computer CPU && mem too little.... _(:з」∠)_
  - And C compile, python too coupling

Centos (rpm)
  - No comment

Archlinux
  - Easy to packaging
  - Makes problems easy to fix manually
  - wiki is very good

About my involvement in Arch Linux, I have 11 packages on AUR [1].
I also maintains 52 packages in the unofficial [archlinuxcn] repo [2].
Also I developped a build status webpage, both the backend and the frontend,
for archlinuxcn build server (lilac web status frontend).[3][4][5]

About the packages I want to maintain in [community]
1.- ruby-rails
    - ruby-actioncable
      - ruby-websocket-driver
        - ruby-websocket-extensions
    - ruby-actionpack
      - ruby-rack-test
      - ruby-rails-dom-testing
      - ruby-rails-html-sanitizer
        - loofah
          - ruby-crass
          - ruby-nokogiri
    - ruby-activejob
      - ruby-globalid
    - ruby-activerecord
      - ruby-arel
    - ruby-activesupport
      - ruby-concurrent-ruby
      - ruby-i18n
      - ruby-minitest
      - ruby-tzinfo
    - ruby-actionmailer
    - ruby-actionview
      - ruby-builder
      - ruby-erubi
    - ruby-activemodel
    - ruby-activestorage
     - ruby-marcel
      - ruby-mimemagic
    - ruby-railties
      - ruby-method_source
    - ruby-sprockets-rails
      - ruby-sprockets

2.- ruby-pry
    - ruby-coderay
    - ruby-method_source

3.- frp

Many Web app rely on ruby-rails: mastodon, discourse, redmine, gitlab(But. gitlab need special version), so I think packaging ruby-rails will greatly benefit arch linux users to do development and deployment on their favorite distro more easily.

About frp, I think frp should split as frpc and frps
Because. client and server will not be on the same computer

I will also take over some packages from Felix Yan
  - ruby-bundler
  - trojan

Thank you for your attention!

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=a-wing